FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wiring Loom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Farrington

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: wiring Loom Reply with quote

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used the Auto Sparks Olympic Wiring Loom? I'm just considering options for the rebuild.

Thanks

James
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Wiring Loom Reply with quote

Hello James,

I haven't for a Rochdale, but I used one for a MkII Jaguar rewire, which was excellent!

For a Rochdale, particularly something which is not 100% 1960s standard, I would consider seriously making something from scratch so that modern standard of reliability can be incorporated. Also, I believe that the Autsparks looms have a number of optional circuits incorporated, for example for left or right mounted generators. If you were to use an alternator, then these should ideally be stripped out and replaced with cables able to handle the higher currents.

Adapting a ready-built harness might entail nearly as much work as building one yourself!

Howard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: