FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rochdale Olympic for sale (Sold)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Olympic for sale (Sold) Reply with quote

Rochdale Olympic for sale £5000

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C124919
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It rather proves a point regarding cars for sale on this website, and I am sorry for repeating myself again, but.......

I looked for ages on this website, before I joined the Club, to buy an Olympic, but there was never one for sale. Obviously they don't change hands very often, I thought. I eventually phoned an Olympic "dealer" who told me that there was nearly always a car or two for sale in the Club magazine, even though they weren't on the website under the "cars for sale" section. I joined the Club, got the magazine and, sure enough, there were several Olympics for sale, so I bought one. I don't think that the "cars for sale" section, on this website, can be accessed by the Public any more.

This particular car has been for sale for some months, advertised for the same price, in the Club magazine, obviously without selling. Hardly surprising though as it is only exposed to Club members, who probably have their cars now, and not the Public at large. Stick it out there in the Public domain and it has been snapped up, I assume. Congratulations to the seller, and buyer, it is a nice car.

Rod
TonyS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the FOR SALE/WANTED posts should be viewable by anyone, but only open to postings by members because if a car is for sale a non member may buy it and become a ROC member and non-members can buy parts that not only fit a Rochdale but their type of car like a MGB, Spitfire, Cortina or a Kit Car, members just want to sell the car or the part.

Kind regards
Tony

Last edited by TonyS on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mike Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Rochdale Olympic for sale Reply with quote

Steven Wood wrote:
Rochdale Olympic for sale £5000

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C124919

Hi

That Rochdale Phase 2 on car and classic looked like a really nice quality, looked after car with a good spec. Shame it sold before I could wizz down the motorway to take a peak!

Unfortunately I didn't see it in the club mag for months, as yet to receive a mag since joining ROC in spring 2009 (!). James - thanks for sorting out my access to this forum.

Good value Olympics seem elusive! An Mot'd Phase 2 with a Ford Crossflow would be ideal.

Best wishes
Mike Wood
Scotland
calex_fr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rochdale_W0QQitemZ320503030717QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9f7823bd

from France
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: