FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phase 2 parts on Ebay
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Phase 2 parts on Ebay Reply with quote

Just for information- there are a few phase 2 parts on Ebay. Includes a bonnet, heater etc. Just type in Rochdale Olympic into the search box. These are nothing to do with me, although the bonnet looks tempting, but too far from me to collect!

Rod
zefarelly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm after the engine mounts as I have none, not sure I'll use them but good for reference nonethe less

I threw one of those boat anchor fans away last week, I think it was the root of most of the stress cracks at the front end! Laughing
CAPTAIN LES

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: PHASE II SPARES Reply with quote

Hi
the Olympic spares on E-bay are mine and largely from the 1964 Olympic CNK 210B as per Motor Sport article on putting an Olympic together. I had intended assembling these into the last "new" shell, but got bogged down thinking of much more modern running gear, and couldn't bring myself to hack into something so original. Anyway, the club has bought it from me and Alan and Derek picked up the shell last week. I'd post the pics if I knew how! Best to just look on E-bay if you are interested in something. The first batch has been up for almost a week - details would have been here much earlier if I'd had easier access to the forum! I'm only just going through the boxes, and really didn't know I had some of these bits. I've had cars in every garage I could think of until recently, and had never had the chance to assess these bits till now. The shockers, in particular were an irritation as I had just fitted new AVOs to CTO289B before I sold her. Anyway, these are some of the bits you'll find, but best be quick if you want some - I've had replies from Italy, Cyprus, Japan, Holland, Malta and Australia X 2 so far. Start prices in brackets.
Rear lights (£12)
Wiper Motor (£10)
Wiper Arms
Club badge (£5)
Oil Cooler (£20)
Heater (£5)
Kenlow fan (£10)
Handbrake + Mechanism (Riley)
Back axle + brakes (Riley)
Front suspension + brakes (Triumph)
Interior light (£5)
VW lights (NOT Brazilian!)
Bonnet (£10)
Full Set Woodheads + springs (£0.01)
Set Midget wheels (£10)
Door handle + key (£10)
Door Pulls (£5)
Various bushes
New Rear arm mountings - see this weeks magazine!
Plus probably others I either (a) can't remember or (b) havn't found yet!

-keep watching
Les
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les
Welcome to the forum. The few of us who use it regularly have been concerned that so many in the club ignore it. I came across all of your Rochdale spares in ebay the other day. Quite a collection. Dp you still have the old mini-bus/camper van?
Regards
Paul
calex_fr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Captain,

i am interesting in BONNET, CHROME DOOR PULLS, DOOR HINGES + BUSHES,

but shipping to France does it possible ?

from France
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry everyone, but I am going to be in competition with several of you I fear!
CAPTAIN LES

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
pleased to have found you. I don't think its a case of club members ignoring the forums so much as being unaware of what's on it, and an awful lot of Rochdale types won't be computer literate at all. I wonder if it's possible to be able to VIEW these discussions without having to register and log in - the Commer one I used was much more accessible. Also, details asked for the MAIL account really took some wading through - I can see that most would give up before they got through. I wonder if a bit more exposure in the mag and a look at initial user friendliness would help? I've sold the Commer, and Olympics, sadly, since I saw you - just too many cars. And bikes, since a CB200 appeared on my doorstep for free. Did get a caravan for £3000 less than the camper raised, but its not the same...
Door pulls, hinges and stuff are no problem to France, Calex. Most things under 2Kg will airmail for not TOO much. The Bonnet is another matter, however and you'd be looking at courier delivery. Last year's prices were £20 for 5Kg, £1.20 for every successive Kg. + VAT + this years fuel charges, you'd have to really want one, I'm afraid.
Six watchers on the Woodheads with five days to go, James. If I still had an Olympic, I'd buy 'em myself...
Les
calex_fr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les, this week I baught 4 wheels to Spadge (Ginetta Heritage), there is no problem for shipping, you know what ?
I use www.interparcel.com

I need just weight and package size, and your address Wink

from France
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les,
Nice to see you on here.
I think you may have been on too many of those sea cruises?
Regards
Tony
Ps) Do not forget to put the photos of CTO 289B at the Sculpture,s
on to www.flickr.com under rochdale olympic http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rochdale+olympic&s=rec
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les

Have you got rid of ALL of your Olympics?

As for computer literacy, I reckon that 85-90% of my friends have computers and even though I can't do spreadsheets and have no wish to do so, I can register with a forum or three. Once registered there's no need to book on every time. In fact anyone can look in and I think I'm right in saying that only if someone wants to post, that they must register.

I'm a 'member' of two gardening forums and at least four motorcycle forums, and this must be the quietest by a long way.

Isn't it in your neck of the woods that Shannon Matthews was abducted?
CAPTAIN LES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Calex
You'll have to be quick at this stage, but if you can fix it that's OK. Don't know the total weight till its packed, about 5 Kg bare, 1.07m x 1.92m x 12cm approx, final size would depend on getting an appropriate box
Les
calex_fr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les, I think you have sold Bonnet on ebay ?
If not I offer you £20 for bonnet.

For other parts, if you prefere I can use Ebay auctions.

from France
CAPTAIN LES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Tony
you can never go on too many sea cruises when you get to our age! Promise to put the pics on this week.
Calex - sorry, you’re too late. Best off sticking to the actual auction on these items - there’s so many watchers, can’t see any of the Rochdale bits not going. See tonight’s special offers for more exciting stuff!
Paul - yes, just these parts and the red GT now. It would be nice if the forum was working like that. I CAN do spreadsheets, and most other applications too, but it was still the devil to get through. If you aren’t registered, you really can’t see anything of the forums, and if I hadn’t contacted Alan personally I get the impression I still wouldn’t be able to. There’s no such thing as browsing if you’re not registered! Not through the woods even then (after four days). Before I could enter stuff on the site, there were another two days going through things like Account type and description, Secure Sockets, Authentication, Outgoing Mail Server and Incoming Mail Server - eh? If I hadn’t really needed to put things on the forum I’d have given up well before, and I know of others who are hitting exactly the same problems. Incidentally, I still do have to log on each time - though I don’t object to that - it may be down to my settings on the machine. I don’t like having computers remember my passwords! Just trying to be constructive.
Les
PS the lovely Karen did live within 1/2 mile or so of us, though she’s not actually on my Christmas card list. Did have groups of about 8 coppers trampsing through the garden several times looking for her “missing” daughter though.
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that you finally sold you rather nice Olympic? Could I ask why? Do you have another project on?

I don't have the trouble with the website you seem to have, but it seems I'm permamently logged on anyway, so I guess it must remember my password. If others are having the same trouble - it's usually ME that has this sort of trouble - we need to get things sorted out as a message board for only five or six regular users is just daft.

You clearly know the estate where Karen Matthews lived. What a bunch of knuckle draggers, eh? Even her two best friends thought the house was 'normal'.
calex_fr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, In my case it need 3 months to see my forum count validate by the webmaster, and lot lot mails.... Evil or Very Mad
First time I see that, and to see I am in many forum, make a seach of calex_fr in Google Wink

http://www.google.com/search?q=calex_fr

from France
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: