FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rochdale Owners Club web site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Rochdale Owners Club web site Reply with quote

Hi everyone, my name is Keith Hamer, I was one of the founder members of the Rochdale Owners Club way back when.

I have been tasked by the Owners Club committee to give the website a bit of a re-vamp.

I have already done some work on the site which includes an up to date list of events for 2015. I have also included some more members cars in the 'members cars' section.

If you would like your car to appear in this section simply send me a good quality digital picture and about 40 words describing it and you and I will upload it onto the website.

I am currently working on access to the forum for our members who don't currently have a way to post on it. With the help of Tony Stanton I hope we can give all current members the opportunity to use it if they want to.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Web site Reply with quote

The web site should be fully operational by now.

Some of the main changes involve owners cars, I have now split this section into 3 main headings to reflect the postings. these are Olympics, Early cars, and Lost cars. From the navbar on the left if you mouse over the owners cars section another 3 options should appear, simply move the mouse pointer over the section heading and left click, this will take you to the relevant section where you can view the pictures and information about the cars.

Some of the cars have additional material which can be viewed by left clicking the picture.

If you haven't sent me a picture of your car and some info yet please feel free to do so, I will do the rest.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Past magazines Reply with quote

In an effort to keep the web site dynamic and interesting I have just set up a link to some of the Rochdale Owners Club past magazines, which can be found on the home page of the web site.

Some of the information in the magazines is date sensitive, some personal, and some simply repetitive. I have edited the magazines to remove any sensitive material whilst keeping the content as interesting as possible.

To have a look at what we have done simply click on the link in the bottom left corner of the home page www.rochdale-owners-club.co.uk and you can browse through the magazines I have uploaded.

This is an ongoing project, we will be publishing more as time allows.
James Farrington

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: web homepage Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

I might be missing something here but I can't see a link to the homepage from any page within the website?

Is it possible to get a 'Home' button to the links on the left hand side?

If I want to go back I have to delete part of the address in the search bar to just state www.rochdale-owners-club.co.uk , it's a bit of a pain, especially as you have now added the magazine back issues on the homepage.

Many thanks

James
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Magazines Reply with quote

when you first open your browser and go to www.rochdale-owners-club.co.uk you should see a link on the bottom left of the first page which takes you to the Magazine index. As with all the other pages the navigation bar on the left will take you to any page on the web site, with the exception of the home page which is only accessible when you first open the site.

The home page carries minimal information and is only really a taster for the rest.

Once the magazines are all on the site it is my intention to link them in with the nav bar on the left but for now they are only accessible through the link on the home page.

It is possible however to get back to the magazine index page once you have looked at the magazine you want by clicking the back button on the top left of your browser.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Past magazines Reply with quote

I have now added a further batch of magazines to the past magazine archive. These can be viewed from the link on the bottom right of the home page.

www.rochdale-owners-club.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: