FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petrol Tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert James

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Petrol Tank Reply with quote

Hi HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Both my ph 1 petrol tanks leak is there a production tank members use, do you tend to blank off one of the fillers or do you Y them off into the tank
Any help appreciated

Cheers Rob

DON'T JUST READ IT POST AN ANSWER Surprised
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert
Do you have a Phase 1 with two built in tanks? I think that's a bit unusual. My first Phase 1 had a large steel tank about the size of a suitcase and resting on the 'floor' at the back. One owner told me he'd fitted one from a Bedford Dormobile camper van. Just search around a breakers yard to find any rectangular shaped one that would fit, and use the existing built-in petrol tanks for cubby holes for car jack, odds & ends, etc.
Robert James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply yes it is a ph 1 with 2 f/g wing tanks and 2 chrome fliptip fillers which look great ,read something the other day about using a nissan micra tank which fits into the boot floor so I will investigate that also

cheers Rob

DON'T JUST READ IT POST AN ANSWER Smile
zefarelly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I built the Cortina race car I had Prepfab make me a 60l bespoke ally tank, foam filled and baffled . .£200 + Vat, not bad considering, if you can knock up a sketch and fax it to them you might get exactly what you want and some for a half sensible outlay.
zefarelly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: has anyone underehung a tank in a PH2 ? there seems to be space under there . . . . without clouting the axle with any luck
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For cheap alloy petrol tanks, have a look on ebay. They regularly have alloy tanks specifically made for Locost or Locust kitcars which are going cheap. The volume is usually not great however.

Incidentally when searching on ebay, be exact when entering something like 'kitcars'. 'Kitcar', 'Kitcars', 'Kit car' and 'Kit cars' will take you to four seperate lists of items for sale. Some are intended for kit to fit to mass produced cars. I always go to 'Kitcar'.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Nissan Tanks Reply with quote

We have fitted several Nissan Micra tanks in the past, these are poly tanks with fuel guage sender and injection pump fitted inside the tank. The way we fitted them is to take a mould of the underside of the tank (being poly the subsiquent moulding can be released very easily) this negative is then bonded to the boot floor, once cured the tank can be dropped into the mould and held in place by a strap.

Off the top of my head two of the cars we did this on are Roger Drinkwater's ph 1 and the ex Alex Scott car which I believe has recently been sold on e/bay.

please feel free to contact me on keith@scholar-racing96.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: