FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Door weather strip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Boorne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Door weather strip Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone tell me what the original or recommended exterior door glass weather strip is? Or what the best solution anyone has found? Starting to look toward finish bits for my project!
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Door Weather Strip Reply with quote

Hello Paul,

I've tried 3 different types and none has been absolutely successful. The best is 'Universal car rubber door bonnetseal trim Mini MG VW', item number 320575962880 from Monkeydub on Ebay.

This is a soft tubular moulding, but even so, the door slam loads were too high in its original form. To overcome this I slit the outer edge along the entire length below the door waistrail level to form a large lip seal. The upper part I left as standard. It's not perfect, but the best I've achieved to date. It's genrally water and wind tight except under torrental rain when there are drips from around the vent frame. Good luck!
Paul Boorne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can find that is designed and will fit is the S2 Elise waste seal as it is designed in exactly the same way to fit. Only problem is they are £40 each side Shocked I know there are other kit car posibilities but usually invove bonding extra bits on and metal clips like Triumph Spitfire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: