FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DIY headlining total cost around £30.00

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Heppell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: DIY headlining total cost around £30.00 Reply with quote

Easy way to make a headlining for a Rochdale Olympic having had two attempts at making a new headlining I finally came up with what I think is a very easy way of a DIY lining, it require no stitching and no need for a pattern, all you need is around 2 metres of head lining material around £20.00 and sheet of 3 MM ply wood £8.00 and one can of aerosol Glue The way I have done it is all round the edge of the roof is a round metal bar that is moulded in when cars were made. If you carefully cut your ply wood just a fraction bigger than the space between with a carful bending the roof will clip in and hold itself in position. (When you get your ply wood note it bends better one way than the other) First job is to cover all the parts the roof will not cover round rear window and all the round section on roof that 2 side’s front and rear when you do this leave extra material on roof and fold round the window edges and doors. The window rubbers will help hold in position as will door rubbers to make a neat edge just fold material and glue after you have glued all the edges cover the ply wood if you want roof light just run a wire down the side of window frame before you glue. You can if you wish fix some sound proofing to underside of wood but if you do I recommend you use glue such as stikaflex or tiger seal. And put support under until dry I have taken some photographs will get tony to down load for me
TonyS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2 by DUFFY8, on Flickr

3 by DUFFY8, on Flickr

5 by DUFFY8, on Flickr

6 by DUFFY8, on Flickr

Sorry about the delay I could not get the photos to load.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: