FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rochdale Olympic PhII seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Plant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul

Are they the same seat mould as the phase 1 as I have only one original seat in the car I bought from France, I would also be very interested to see a photo, if it is easier my email is walnuts@clara.net

john
KN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I wouldn't mind to see an orginal seat photo as mine are long gone.
Thanks Keith N
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James

Minilites (or the far cheaper GB Alloys) are THE alloy wheel to have for a 1960s car IMO.

The pictures you showed of the PhII seats are identical to mine but have black piping rather than white. The tubular metalwork is quite strange too, intended to tip forward rather than slide.
John Plant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James

I have looked at your thread and my seat is slightly different, the base is also different.

I remember when I had my car in the 60's there was a square metal frame bolted to the seat. At the front of the frame there were two metal hooks one either side, and these hooked into a series of holes on a piece of metal that was bolted to the floor. So to adjust you tipped the seat right forward pulled it out of the holes and replced it in another set of holes, very basic.

The rear of the seat there was just two pieces of pipe one either side with a large washer type arrangment welded on, these just sat on the floor of the car. Alot of this arrangement is still on my seat and the hole set up was still bolted to the body floor

You can see in the second photo the metal pieces on the floor in the passenger side, they were also in the drivers side but I had taken them out in this photo

I would be interested if anyone else has the same arrangement

John
Ron Palgrave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this arrangement, but as yet no seats ! Derek Bentley does have this and original seats in his Phase 1
John Plant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob

Is your seat the same as the one in my photo ?

I have had a copy made from my seat, but I am wondering if ph1 seats will fit in my GT as there are no seats wilth it.

When I am fitter after my knee op I will try and sort something out, If you have sold the seat by then fair enough.

John Plant
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Plant wrote:
James

I have looked at your thread and my seat is slightly different, the base is also different.

I remember when I had my car in the 60's there was a square metal frame bolted to the seat. At the front of the frame there were two metal hooks one either side, and these hooked into a series of holes on a piece of metal that was bolted to the floor. So to adjust you tipped the seat right forward pulled it out of the holes and replced it in another set of holes, very basic.

The rear of the seat there was just two pieces of pipe one either side with a large washer type arrangment welded on, these just sat on the floor of the car. Alot of this arrangement is still on my seat and the hole set up was still bolted to the body floor

You can see in the second photo the metal pieces on the floor in the passenger side, they were also in the drivers side but I had taken them out in this photo

I would be interested if anyone else has the same arrangement

John

Last edited by Steven Wood on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Olympic Phase 11 seats Reply with quote

I have just bought some origanal seats off Paul and i have the seats but have not got the arrangement to fit them . Not sure if any member has any arrangements that they are going to remove or have removed that they want to sell .Its a long shot Wink but you have to try .

Stevel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Parts For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: