FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympic Phase 2R WWG 51K

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Olympic Phase 2R WWG 51K Reply with quote

Link to a few more pictures of the car . Not out off the garage yet and its already had a bump on the front. Needs work to the interior once i have had the door tops made and fitted ?. Don't ask me about the bump Embarassed .

http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/karennwood3/
Paul Gething

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice....but to keep it original you would have to do something with the front indicators....just add your own style to it...Great Cars...All different.
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Gething wrote:
Very nice....but to keep it original you would have to do something with the front indicators....just add your own style to it...Great Cars...All different.

Paul

The car was owned by its last owner for around 37 years and believed to be one of the last olympics to be produced due to its absence of its base coat .Only two cars are known that have not got a base coat ,mine and the one owned by the club . WWG 51K is now registered and as yet has not covered a mile .
When the car was produced around 1972 certain parts that was used on the origanal olympics might have not been available and a substitute would have been used but they were origanal for the date .
You mentioned the indicators but it was a kit car and all the cars had their individual identities and owners made their own tweaks .This is something that was done many years ago and its something that i dont want to change ?.

When i said i wanted to keep my car origanal i didn't want to do what most owners do ,swap the engines,Change
the braking,steering,wheels etc .
Paul Gething

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

It looks good and I am sure you will get great pleasure from it.

I am of the same opinion of keeping it period.....I bought mine in 1979 Shocked and the front and rear screens had been modified by the previous owner..done very well and sympathetic to its shape.

I have subsequently used it for competition, hill climbs and sprints, and I have tried to keep all of the modifications to what was available in the 60's. Derrington exhaust manifold, BL 770 cam, Weber 45 DCOE....even the head was modified by a lovely old boy, Les Ryder, who was the guru for cylinder head modifications in the 60's and 70's.....he used to do the heads for a guy called Bill Nicholson, Google him along with MGB....It runs on Drum Brakes!!!!!

I could fit a 2.0 Vauxhall twink, 5 speed box, wishbone front suspension with coil overs, discs all round....but then it wouldn't be quite what I want out of a Rochdale......Hmmm....but then again........Idea
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Gething wrote:
Steve,

It looks good and I am sure you will get great pleasure from it.

I am of the same opinion of keeping it period.....I bought mine in 1979 Shocked and the front and rear screens had been modified by the previous owner..done very well and sympathetic to its shape.

I have subsequently used it for competition, hill climbs and sprints, and I have tried to keep all of the modifications to what was available in the 60's. Derrington exhaust manifold, BL 770 cam, Weber 45 DCOE....even the head was modified by a lovely old boy, Les Ryder, who was the guru for cylinder head modifications in the 60's and 70's.....he used to do the heads for a guy called Bill Nicholson, Google him along with MGB....It runs on Drum Brakes!!!!!

I could fit a 2.0 Vauxhall twink, 5 speed box, wishbone front suspension with coil overs, discs all round....but then it wouldn't be quite what I want out of a Rochdale......Hmmm....but then again........Idea

Paul
It was the first run out in the car today and i am going to eat my words and say ,modification sounds good .lets just say the ride was not a smooth one ? Confused . My wife referred to it as been on the bumper cars Rolling Eyes
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: