FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rochdale Olympic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Olympic frames Reply with quote

Steven Wood wrote:
Rodsmith wrote:
And a pair for me as well, please.

Hi

For all members who are interested in having new frames for their cars Keith has sent me exact costs . I am putting a list together but please can you indicate which option you require and what model is your car (phase 1/2 . Please send me the information .

Steve

We are currently buying in the channel at £4.75 / metre.
The furflex from Woolies comes in at £7.00 / metre

That equates to £58.75 in materials per car.
I will do the window frames for £85 (batch of 10) therefore total cost of 2 door window frames is £228.75.

One alternative for cost reduction could be for the customer to provide the furflex themselves, this would bring it down to £193.75 per pair.

If I do them un-polished without furflex, and cappings we could get the price down to £180 per pair.

If we go ahead the finished specification would be, two piece door window frame in polished aluminium, complete with furflex channel on the inside, countersunk stainless steel m4 fastenings and polished aluminium front capping. The rear support would have to be re-used from the original or made up by the customer to suit there own application.

Kind regards
Keith...
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Frames Reply with quote

OK guys, it looks like we have enough interest to start the process going. Initialy Steve Wood was going to colate all the necessary information and contact me with an order so that we have one name in the frame. (sorry just couldn't resist it)

Next step, if you require door window frames please contact Steve with your requirements. The information we need is as follows :-

1, do you require phase one or phase two frames (these will be done in pairs, I am not prepared to do single frames)
2, Do you want a basic kit, ie unpollished, no furflex, no end cappings. Or one of the other options as detailed above.
3, Please note delivery is not included in the price, individual requirements will have to be considered before we commit to a delivery cost.

Please feel free to copy your requirements to me.

Lets hope this all works.
Keith...
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Frames Reply with quote

Hello Keith,

Please put me down for a pair, Phase II, polished with furflex and caps.

As I only actually need the LH side, If anyone wishes to 'go halves', please let me know.

I would collect.

Thanks,

Howard
KN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Howard.
I would suggest fitting the matching pair then sell the old but good one on.
Just my tuppence worth,
Regards Keith Nicholson
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: frames Reply with quote

Hello Keith,

You're probably right, it's just that I have a very effective Morris Minor derived frame on the drivers side.
I've spent a lot of time on the door generally and making it seal reasonably, and I'd like to avoid having to do it again !

On the passenger side the (original) frame only fits where it touches and is insufficiently rigid to compress any sort of seal, so major surgery is essential and a new frame is possibly the path of least resistance !

Cheers,

Howard
calex_fr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Keith,

I am interested by a complet kit pair for a Phase 2, plus shipping to France Wink

Best regards

from France
Barrie Jones

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Phase 2 window frames Reply with quote

Hi Keith,
Have confirmed to Steve Wood the order of a pair of Phase 2 window frames, polished, capped and fitted with furflex - will await carriage costs before deciding to pick up or pay for delivery.
Many thanks
Barrie D Jones
Phase 2 9810 LG
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Door window frames Reply with quote

I have just recieved a difinative order for door window frames from Steve, the list of people wanting frames is as follows :-
Barrie Jones
Howard Evans
James Farrington
Steven Woods
Rod Smith
Keith Nicholson
If you are not on the list and require frames this is your last chance for this batch as I will be ordering material as soon as the bank holiday is over. i,e, Tuesday 30/08/2011

The favourite specification seems to be polished with all the ancilary parts.

The window frames are made to a patern taken from one of my cars, as many of you will no doubt be aware Olympics differ slightly from car to car (in fact we have found that the same car can differ from day to day) so it may be necessary to slightly tweek the finished item to obtain perfection during fitting.

Keep the faith.
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Frames Reply with quote

Hello Keith,

Bearing in mind the potential for car-to-car variability, would it be of use if we all sent you key dimensions from our cars such that you could make to a mean which would be most likely the best fit for all ?

For example :-

Exisiting frame horizontal dimension along waistrail, on the exterior of the door

Frame external vertical height from waistrail to the top at the B pillar

Maximum dimension from the intersection of the two above at the waistrail to the curved section at the A pillar

It might just contain a risk if your car is on a particular limit which would make it difficult to adapt the frames to the others.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Howard
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are only talking about 1 or 2mm here, I am just pointing out that working on an Olympic isn't like fitting parts for a BMW or Mercedes, it will take some input from the owner to achieve the desired result.

As with everything Rochdale these are bespoke cars and as such need a bespoke aproach.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Olympic window frames Reply with quote

I am posting this by way of an update / appology for the delay in the production of Olympic window frames.

I have all the materials to start the production run of window frames for our cars, unfortunately I have been let down by my gas supplier BOC.

One of the processes we have to use to form the windows involves annealing the aluminium channel, this is done using oxy / acetylene welding equipment, some time ago BOC had a fire at there filling plant and the resultant chaos means that there is a huge delay in getting acetylene cylinders re-filled. I was expecting a delivery on 14th of October, this has now been put back to 21st Oct and as yet not confirmed. As soon as I have the gas to anneal the channel I can start production.
KN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,
Not a problem from my end. Thanks for the update.
Regards Keith N
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with it as well - no rush.

Rod
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: frames Reply with quote

Keith,

No problem. Plenty to keep me occupied on the Olympic front !

Howard
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Door frames Reply with quote

Hi guys, just a quick update on the progress of the door window frames.

BOC are still having problems with the filling of desolved acetylene cylinders, I have a possible delivery date of 7th November but no guarentee. However I have managed to borrow some gas so I am working through the production run of window frames, I don't know how many I will be able to do before the gas runs out but hopefully I will get them all done.

As soon as I have them finished I will contact you all by PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: