FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rochdale Olympic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Olympic Reply with quote

Hi

I am sure that many members would be interested in having new frames door frames made for their cars ?. One of the members has the ability to manufacture new frame but we are having problems in locating the right profile aluminium to build the doors.

I searched the Internet to try and locate a source of metal and/or the origanal metal but with no luck . I have made contact with a former factory worker and he was a welder and said that the frames were bought in and not manufactured in the Rochdale factory .

He seems to think that the metal was probably a BMC source, Anybody any ideas?

Steve

01709 872378

Thanks Steve

Last edited by Steven Wood on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Rochdale Olympic Reply with quote

I have been contacted by a member from Doncaster who is going to help me with the doors so i think i am sorted thanks . Smile
calex_fr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,

If you do some manufactured I would be interested.

Contact me

from France
KN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As would I thanks.
Regards Keith N.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Door window frames Reply with quote

We have manufactured our own door frames in the past. I have a patern to manufacture.

We use two different aluminium sections, one matching the phase two size and one matching the phase one, they are different sizes.

We make them slightly different to the original factory items so that we only have to weld one corner, at the top rear of the frame.
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Door window frames Reply with quote

keith hamer wrote:
We have manufactured our own door frames in the past. I have a patern to manufacture.

We use two different aluminium sections, one matching the phase two size and one matching the phase one, they are different sizes.

We make them slightly different to the original factory items so that we only have to weld one corner, at the top rear of the frame.

Keith
would you be able to make me a pair up ?. I would be prepared to wait until you had to make a pair for a second vehicle ?.

If its something you could do please email on woodsteven92@yahoo.com or send me a PM and let me have a price .I was going to have a go at making a template and making some my self but would prefer somebody with prior experience .(more lightly to fit )

Steve
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Frames Reply with quote

Steven,

From the picture it looks like your window frames are phase two, which is the larger section of the two materials we use, and these are slightly easier to make than the phase one items.

Realisticaly to set up and anneal the material for one pair will be very time consuming and therefore quite expensive, probably about £100 per side plus materials.

If you can co ordinate 'say' 10 frames (5 cars) I guess we could do them for £85 each plus materials. I will talk to my suppliers for a price on material and let you know.
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Frames Reply with quote

keith hamer wrote:
Steven,

From the picture it looks like your window frames are phase two, which is the larger section of the two materials we use, and these are slightly easier to make than the phase one items.

Realisticaly to set up and anneal the material for one pair will be very time consuming and therefore quite expensive, probably about £100 per side plus materials.

If you can co ordinate 'say' 10 frames (5 cars) I guess we could do them for £85 each plus materials. I will talk to my suppliers for a price on material and let you know.

I do think around £200 for a pair of door frames is a bit expensive but keith is very experienced in the restoration of Olympic and he is running a buisness .i am sure he will do a cracking job .

I am happy to proceed but i need 4 more who are also willing . Please can you PM me if you are interested and if i get the required number will ask kieth to make the door frames up . Any member who PM me i will keep them posted in any progress made .

Steve
calex_fr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested by a phase 2 pair, no problem you can think to me.

from France

Last edited by calex_fr on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calex_fr wrote:
I am interested by a phase 2 pair, no problem you can think to me.

Just need three more Wink
KN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be intereste in a pair for my P2 but shipping to Australia cost would need to be determined.
Regards Keith N
Barrie Jones

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Replacement window frames Reply with quote

I,d be interested in a pair. My driver's side has had it and the nearside is not far behind.
Regards
Barrie Jones
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a pair for me as well, please.
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodsmith wrote:
And a pair for me as well, please.

Hi

Please see below a email recived from Keith in relation to the door frames . I will email people directly when i receive more information,
Steve,

I have been following the thread on frames and it seems to have sparked quite a bit of interest.

The door frames on the two modals of Olympic are very different so it is essential that people indicate whether they have a phase one or a phase two.

I would not normally consider postage on items like these as they are very bulky and susceptible to damage, the packaging would have to be exceptional to ensure that they arrive safely.

I will contact my suppliers for up to date prices for materials and let you know the result.

If we go ahead the finished specification would be, two piece door window frame in polished aluminium, complete with furflex channel on the inside, countersunk stainless steel m4 fastenings and polished aluminium front capping. The rear support would have to be re-used from the original or made up by the customer to suit there own application.

Kind regards
Keith...
Barrie Jones

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,
Depending on final price including carriage I would be happy to commit to the purchase of a pair of Phase 2 window frames.
I appreciate that carriage could be a problem. I am personally involved in metalwork and recently lost an order worth about £850 because the customer wouldn't pay a courier £60 to transport the goods.
We live in difficult times.
Many thanks

Barrie Jones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: