FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GT Door Seals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTAIN LES

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: GT Door Seals Reply with quote

Hi Folks
the GTs back on the road! Just did the round trip to Burford, 374 miles, I wonder how long since a GT did that sort of mileage in a day? In fact, how many are actually on the road at the moment? I’d love to know.

From the top, pictures are
A series engine
electric fan
disc brakes
14” Minor wheels
New E93A handles
Bonnet springs, lock
Twin SUs
Alternator
Wishbone IRS
Twin wishbone IFS, GT6 chassis
Flared arches
Mini door hinges
Quarter lights
Glove box, screen vents
Fresh air ventilation
Electric washers
Vlanden Plas instruments
Badges
Winding windows
Stainless door frames
Inertia belts
Adjustable bucket seats
Back seat
Headlining, interior lights

Running well, with a few things still to sort. Most obvious of these is the door seals. I don’t think it had ever had any when I got the car, and other GTs I have seen appear the same. Several attempts to get a decent seal have been thwarted by the MG type door locks, which are mounted right across where the seal should be. I have re-made most of the flanges, but this just means that water runs straight down the outside of the seal, onto the lock and hence ending up on the floor. Might not be an issue, but the floor is now much better sealed than the doors, and even light rain ends up with an inch or so of water sloshing around inside. And I’m loth to drill the floor to let it out... Surely someone must have solved this one at some time? I used some extra seal of the self-adhesive variety to try to channel it away, but this seems to have made no difference whatsoever. Can’t begin the carpets till I crack this one, I’d be interested in any suggestions!
- Les

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> GT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: