FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The search goes on ?.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: The search goes on ?. Reply with quote

Anybody know what the small sticker is that's on the windscreen of my car .Not sure ifs its a reference number for the windscreen or relates to a deliver address ,post code ,registration mark ?.
Unfortunately the sticker has been ripped in the middle and some information is missing,it reads and please no sarcasm Wink

HT SHEE FCW

I can only think that the HT stands for home town and SHEE the begin of the town ,Sheepscar W Yorkshirbe,Sheepbridge Derbshire,Sheephill Durham, Sheepwash Norhtumberland. Thought FCW could be the end of a post code but i cant find any to match above . Maybe it could be the end of a registration ? Confused .

If you have had a new windscreen and you have a good memory , you just might be able to solve it ?.Any idea's
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Windscreen Label Reply with quote

Hello Steven

I have a spare windscreen in my loft with label.

It's about 2" square, white with a feint blue Pilkington logo in the background, located where one might wish to stick a mirror.

The text is :-

SP 0664 CL
Rochdale
Olympic
Ticket No. 10947 Order 9547
30/10/2003

Don't suppose this helps ..............?

Regards,

Howard
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard thanks for the reply .

I think your windscreen was produced much later then mine , I think that the sticker on my Rochdale is the origanal sticker from when the car was produced sometime in the early seventies .
Derek Bentley said that the windscreens have been produced at the same premises since thier manufactured started?.

I have sent a email to Derek asking him to contact them and see if they can shed any light ?
Think i will post a photo and that might jog somebodies memory ?.

Thanks Steve
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Photo Reply with quote

I have posted a link to a picture of the sticker ,this might help ?

http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/karennwood3/?action=view&current=RochdaleSticker.jpg
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Maybe a start would be to identiify who manufactured your screen.

My spare is Pilkington (aka Triplex), but the one in the car, which I suspect is original, is etched 'Vinylex'. Not sure whether this is a manufacturer or a brand name, but it's unfamilar to me.

Cheers,

Howard
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has Triplex on it and that is the origanal . Derek Bentley is in contact with the origanal manufacturer .I have sent him a email to contact him and ask him if the information on the sticker has any relevance

Thanks Steve
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably know that most/all Triplex screens have a dating system on them, to establish the date of manufacture. Of course a newer screen could be fitted to an older car, and vice-versa, so the date may not be relevant to your quest. Good luck !

Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: