FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mk2 turns up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: New Mk2 turns up Reply with quote

I have just been contacted by the owners of this Mk2 Rochdale, as far as I am aware it is new to the owners club.

The car was built in the early 50's on a long wheelbase Austin Seven chassis and raced extensively until being crashed at Silverstone in 1956, it was then rebuilt and used as every day transport by the current owners uncle, eventually being retired in 1970. It laid dismantled for some time before being rebuilt into the car pictured.

Howard Evans

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Keith,

Well I never!

A great find!

Howard
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Mk2 rochdale Reply with quote

The owner of this lovely little Mk2 has been out and about, he took the car to the Abergavenny steam rally at the weekend. He will soon be joining us in the owners club, lets hope we see the car at one of our meetings soon.
Justin Adams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Hello ROC ! Reply with quote

Hello ROC People,

Keith... Thanks for posting pictures of my car before I had joined up.

I had believed that my Seven Special was just a well made unique car, probably built by someone who had skills from WW2 aircraft production. Just by accident I saw a picture on the internet of 'Sacre Bleu' from a Goodwood Bonhams auction, and it was obviously very similar to my car. Then I got in contact with ROC, bought the Les Brown book, and quickly realised mine is a Mk.II .

The original saloon was a long wheelbase 1932 built car, and was registered in 1933. By 1953 it probably looked a bit old, and a Mr G. Bourne of Droitwich made it into a Rochdale Special. I don't know if he raced it then, but someone crashed it at Silverstone in 1956. The wreck changed hands a few times until my uncle, Peter Rance, bought it in 1959. He was quite young then, profoundly deaf and partially disabled, but he put it back together and took his driving test in it. He also took it to a few hillclimb events.

Uncle Peter died suddenly in 2015. My mother ended up with the car and gave it to me. It had been off the road in bits since the 70s.
I will add a few pictures to this thread now.

Greetings from Sweden, on Swedish National Day !

Justin

Last edited by Justin Adams on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Justin Adams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: three more pictures Reply with quote

three more pictures

Justin Adams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the rebuild I modelled the car in CAD. It is not finished, but is very helpful when planning new fixes for things. Here are some screenshots

Justin Adams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: just three more CAD pictures Reply with quote

Just a few more pictures

Justin Adams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: photos from 2019 Reply with quote

This year the car has new seats, and extra rear view mirrors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Mk2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: