FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New owner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierre Servais

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: New owner Reply with quote

Hello, I am the new owner of the grey Patrice Wattine 's Rochdale. It's a phase one with 2.0L Fiat Abarth and 5 speed fitted. The car was registred MYG 393 D. I think that car was partialy rebuild by Scholar.
I have some trouble with it. a) the rear shocks and springs are to hard (race ?) and the car jump. I am looking for Spax, Avo or other parts, but they have to be more soft to do fast road but not Hillclimb or track. Anyone could help me ? Second hands parts or infos and adress to buy them ? b) I have to change the gearbox as the synchromesh of the 2th is tired. I have an Abarth gearbox (close ratio) ready to fit. Do you think I have to take of the engine out or not to do this ? c) the rear axle is nosy (rumble), is there a an habit ? Is there a tips (special oil, tune) and what kind of oil is recommended ? Hypoïde ? Multigrade ?
I am not a mechanic but involved about as I am owner at the momentafter of 2 Triumph, 1 Race Imp, 1 Cooper S...after having more that 15 oldtimers the last 20 years. I am Belgium, french speaking, but if you consider a never go at school to learn English, I could write, read, and speak enough to understand. Thanks for your help. Pierre.
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre

Bonjour mon ami! Are you also a member of the ROC? Have you had a look at the spares offered at the back of the club magazine? I don't have the latest magazine in front of me but I'm sure shock absorbers are available.

As for servicing the Fiat engine, why not get a Haynes manual for Fiats? Everything will be in there.
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre

The club spares section in the magazine lists Woodhead rear shock absorbers (new stock) for your Ph1 for £80 a pair. Contact Nigel Whittaker on Nidgewhit@aol.com to make sure he still has them in stock.
calex_fr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Pierre,

bienvenu le francophone Wink

from France
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: