FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When are we going to get started on our restorations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: When are we going to get started on our restorations? Reply with quote

In Kent there are probably about four or five Olympics, an only Jim Conlin's orange PhII is actually on the road. Member Paul Lyon came up the other day partly to sort out my scanner which has never worked since we bought a new computer eighteen months ago. Hopefully he has now rectified the problem although I've yet to actually try it out. Both of us have had Olympics for a few years now and I've had mine about fourteen years or so. It's all stripped down to it's basic parts so I'm just about ready to make a start. An electrician is coming along on Wednesday to see about connecting the workshop to the house with armoured cable.

Our daughter Lucy spent Christmas with her boyfriend's family in Sydney and during their Christmas dinner, Leighton went down on one knee and proposed to her. They now plan to get married during the summer of 2010. Problem? Well when Lucy was a little girl, I promised I would take her to the church in my Rochdale, so I now have a deadline!
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly- Congratulations to your daughter Lucy and Leighton.

Secondly- Fourteen years and you still haven't done it! Get your finger out mate, 2010 will be here soon and Lucy did give you plenty of warning!!! Laughing

My Olympic is just about on the road, and the one, four miles away has been on the road continuously. However, later this year I plan on giving it a rebuild, hence my spares, and information, gathering. I want to get it into a reliable, easy to drive, safe ride, that I can take to France for holidays.

Rod
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod

I agree, there's no excuse really. All I can say is that some years ago I owned a Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader Sports motorbike and after a while decided to start to take it apart to restore, bit by bit. Shiftwork, a lack of money and a young family, and the inevitable happened. It collected dust. I ended up bolting it all together and selling it. I then vowed never to start in a restoration without a proper plan of action and the likelihood of a successful outcome.

We moved house then I had the daft idea of restoring the car outdoors. The garage was filled with tea chests from our move and motorbikes. What with English weather? And where would all of the removed bits go? I was given a rotten shed which I restored so that's where all the removed parts were stored.

Now the children have long since left home, I'm semi-retired, and at long, long last I have a decent size workshop, dry and soon with electricity. So 2009 it should all kick off then. Very Happy
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aged 16 ,I lusted after a Crusader Sports, with its chrome mudgaurds and large chrome front hub, but alas never could afford one. I bought a Norman B3 Sports, with the Villiers 250 2T engine in a cardboard box, and the rest of it slightly damaged. The previous owner had seized it up and fallen off, so I knocked Gedges, of Tunbridge Wells, down from £10 to £9, and started my first rebuild. A few months later and I was a fledgling Rocker!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: