FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does the team think- ROC events?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: What does the team think- ROC events? Reply with quote

If I can only attend one Olympic event this year, which one should it be? I agree that it would be great to attend them all, but for reasons of distance from West Wales, and cost etc, I can't. I would also be attending in my Eurobox, as the Olympic may not be reliable, nor even on the road.

Rod
Paul Gething

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as important.....Does anyone have any 'Olympic' plans for 2012?
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod

What Rochdale events do you have in mind? The club's AGM is just about the only one held on the first Sunday in April next to the Aircraft Museum at Coventry Airport. There are more club cars than at any other event.

'Specials Day' is also a very nice casual event where quite a few Olympics turn up. You'll have to Google these as I can't remember the location and date off the top of my head.

Bromley Pageant is a mssive classic car event, one of the World's largest, held in Norman's Park, Bromley, Kent, and some Olympics turn up for that.

There are also kit car events at Stonleigh and so on.

I wouldn't worry about actually having to drive your car to the event, as I and many others have trailered an Olympic, and this sometimes attracts more attention than a completed car.

Capesthorne of course was the club's main event but the reliance on the same volunteers year after year has caused the event to be cancelled. This was quite a big money maker for the club and allowed spares to be purchased and subs to be kept to a low level. Sadly with a mere 100 members scattered all around the country, there was finally not enough new blood who were prepared to step forward and take on the mantle of organising the event.
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if I will have to try to get to the AGM and see a few other cars and meet a few of the members. Bromley is that bit too far. I see that Tony Stanton is involved with the National Kit Car Show on the 6th and 7th May at Stoneleigh, another one I should try to get to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: