FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phase 1 heater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Palgrave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Phase 1 heater Reply with quote

Does anyone have a Spitfire 4 [mk1 1962-1967] heater they want to dispose of?
Dave-M

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: heater Reply with quote

Ron, Don't get exited, I don't have a spare heater. I just wanted to show you these pictures and ask is this the type you are looking for?
I acquired this heater some years ago to replace the huge Transit one that was fitted to my car. From memory it came from a Triumph but I cant remember which model.
Does it look like the one you are after? and why did you choose this particular one?

Regards, Dave

Ron Palgrave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Phase 1 heater Reply with quote

The one I need is slightly different-
1] the outlet vents are behind a sort of heat shield and help direct the air vertically through convoluted hose like yours.
2] the drive motor protrusion looks less than yours.

See picture from Derek

My reasons for selecting the Mk1 Spitfire is on the advice of Derek Bentley. In ROC Mag 162, he articulates the background to this. He also explains that other vehicles used the same basic design. My senses tell me I have seen it on other cars but I cannot recall which. I am non the wiser after an Internet trawl . On our Turner, I used an excellent little device from Car Builder Solutions and if push comes to shove will do so for the Olympic. But the Spitfire one seems to install more naturally.
Ron Palgrave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Got One at last ! Reply with quote

Thanks to a lead from Gary Tipping, I contacted Spitbitz. Turns out they had two ! Delivered in 24 hours- great service. My wife is puzzled why I am so excited over a box of rusty metal!
Dave-M

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: heater Reply with quote

Ron, That's great news

Perhaps you can do a post in the Olympic section when you have fitted it?

Regards, Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Parts Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: