FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Olympic Obsession and Restoration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anders Bilidt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, thank you for your email.
Granted, I was of course hoping that you guys might have been sitting on more info about my '926 FWR', but it seems that it's somehow managed to go under the radar for its entire early life. Keith Hamer has known of the car since the seventies, so I know a little more from him. But there's nothing there which is strictly documented. Needless to say, if any other member has any knowledge whatsoever about my Olympic's earlier life, please do chip in...

Dave, progress on my Olympic is slow, but bit by bit we're moving forward.
The body required a fair amount of work, and Keith Hamer has been working his magic on it. He has just about got the upper part of the shell where we want it, and is now seeing to repairing several quite peculiar holes in the underside of the body. Once this is done, it'll be time for a fresh coat of paint in the factory light blue colour. Getting that far will no doubt feel like a major hurdle put behind us.
In the meantime, I'm getting close to finalising a deal with a company down south which should be able to refurbish the entire drivetrain (Riley B-series engine, transmission and differential) for me while Keith continues with the body restoration.
So while slow, things are indeed progressing. It'll no doubt still be a while before I can drive my Olympic, but I'm set upon seeing it through to the end, and we will indeed get there... Very Happy
Dave-M

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Olympic Reply with quote

Anders, Any updates?

No need to answer my question, it's already here:-

https://viaretro.com/2018/10/my-rochdale-project-monocoque/

Regards, Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: