FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting photos to Owners Cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Owners Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Posting photos to Owners Cars Reply with quote

Hi All,

Here are 11 of the best sites that offer free image hosting and make the process of uploading and sharing your images easier than ever.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

At the moment I am using http://postimage.org/

Please donot send a large photo to a post as it uses a lot of Web space and makes the post too large and takes a long time to display when a member looks at the post ,
so please resize it. Ideal size is 640 x 480.

Good luck,
Tony

Last edited by TonyS on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:26 am; edited 8 times in total
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

If you are replying to a post and using a Quote please can you not repeat the original photo as this will fill the post with the same photos.

regards
Tony
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Posting Photos Reply with quote

Alternatively you can email your selected photo to Webmaster@rochdale-owners-club.co.uk I will re size it and let you have the url you will need to post the photo.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Posting pictures Reply with quote

I have been assisting one of our members to post some pictures of his car onto the forum members cars section.

Just to clarify, when posting pictures you need to use the Img command which is situated below the subject box on the 'post a reply' screen.

When you want to post a picture you need to mouse over and press the Img box, you then need to put the picture address in, once the address is in, mouse over and press the /Img box, this will instruct the forum to post your desired picture.

I have also noticed that a number of pictures which were uploaded from 3rd party sites have gone missing, by far the best way to maintain a pictures presence is to embed it onto our own web site. This can be done by emailing me the picture, I will then upload it onto our web site and send you the address needed to upload. Whilst this method does take a little longer (I endeavour to upload pictures within 24 hours) it embeds the picture onto our web site and it will not disappear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Owners Cars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: