FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: Phase 2 hatchback (the hatchback, not the car)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Smith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Phase 2 hatchback (the hatchback, not the car) Reply with quote

(*No longer required)
I have a Phase 1 and I would like to fit a hatchback like the Phase 2.
Any condition considered, with or without the rear screen.

Last edited by Alan Smith on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Ph2 hatch Reply with quote

Way back in the early 1980's I fitted a rear hatch to my phase 1 WFV 812, we cut the original car to produce a rear door panel which was then fitted with a steel tube surround which included the hinges, I made up the inner panel moulding and attached that to the cut rear door panel. The biggest job is making up the gutter return on the car itself to seal the aperture from the weather.

Although this is a long process it has proved very successful in the case of WFV which was used as a daily driver for the best part of 30 years before a gearbox problem side-lined it, the car is about to have a new least of life following a rebuild.

If you don't get any joy sourcing a rear door I have the facility to make a new one for you. We can also do the rear door return which fits onto the car.
Alan Smith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Keith.
I'm in no rush right now - I have a long term wish list - but it's always nice to have options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Parts Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: