FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rochdale Riviera was named after the towns swiming baths

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: The Rochdale Riviera was named after the towns swiming baths Reply with quote

At the 2007 Classic Car Show a gentleman named Martyn Butt from Rochdale had been reading the Rochdale Motor Panels:
A Brief History display board and brought to my attention under the section about the Rochdale Riviera it stated
It reputedly took its name from the towns swiming baths, Martyn in his younger days use to swim at the Riviera,
but it was a privately owned open air lido in Norden about 3 miles North West of Rochdale centre and was demolished
in the mid 1960s to make way for a new housing estate. I later found this link on the web about the Lido.

Then a few weeks later a postcard of the lido appeared on e-Bay, unfortunately I did not win the Auction, but the winner
Keith Docker from Haywood nr Rochdale kindly scanned it for me to place in the magazine.

Kind permission and copyright of KEITH DOCKER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Riviera All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: