FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Copper

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hello. My name is David and by the end of this week, I should be the owner of a Olympic P1 needing extensive renovation. It appears to be a late 1961/early 1962 version with a seized Riley 1.5 engine. It is unregistered, with the current owner being in possession, as is, for the past 31 years. I have a few leads on the original registration number etc, but I am a long way away from worrying about that. I have always wanted an Olympic, but other projects seem to have got in the way. This will be my eighth and final renovation of varying complexity since 1979. I promised my wife that this will be the last and I class this car as a keeper. Enjoy working with fibreglass, which is just as well really. It's been a long time since I worked on a BMC 'B' series, so I will have to take that slowly and look at the forum for tips. The proposed build will be fairly standard apart from brakes etc - well that is the plan at least.

In any event, I really hope to be an active member of the club - there look to be some stunning examples that certainly help to inspire. I am located in Colchester. Best wishes David
John Plant

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Welcome to the club, I am John and I am the spares man for the club I keep a lot of small but fast moving parts, give me a shout if anything required

I have a blue phase 1 that I have just finished 499YUT and I have a ph2 and a gt also to go at yet.

Anyway welcome to the club and hope to meet you somewhere along the line.

Regards

John
David Copper

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. Much appreciated - I will bear that in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: