FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phase 1 front subframe jig

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Phase 1 front subframe jig Reply with quote

During a conversation with Ron Scarfe at the Manchester classic car show the subject of the phase 1 subframe jig came up, I am aiming to have the jig available for the next Rochdale Owners Club AGM, at which point new frames can be made for anyone requiring them.

In the first instance I would suggest contacting John Plant to express your interest should you require a new frame.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Rochdale Olympic ph subframe jig Reply with quote

The manufacture of the phase one front subframe jig is now well on its way.

Having studied the drawings prepared by Derek during this process I have been wondering how many cars have got the Morris 1000 steering rack fitted as apposed to the more normal Riley 1.5. I have worked on countless Olympics over almost 40 years and have only ever come across 1 car not fitted with the Riley rack.

Just a thought.
Roy McKnight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the easiest way to check what rack is fitted Keith
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: rack fitting Reply with quote

The Riley rack is fitted using 4 3/8" UNF bolts which tread into the rack bosses at either end of the rack.

If the rack is fitted using 'U' bolts the chances are it is Morris although this is by no means certain as previous owners could have made a change.
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Phase one subframes Reply with quote

I am well on with the manufacture of a batch of Phase one front subframes.

However I am always surprised at the time these things take, should know now having worked on Rochdales for almost 40 years. Each subframe consists of some 33 seperate parts, all of which have to be individually fitted to make up the frame, these are all done now so its a big welding session next week.

The frames should be ready by the end of this month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: