FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Olympic owners within 1 hour of Sawbridgeworth, Herts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duncan Mulvein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Any Olympic owners within 1 hour of Sawbridgeworth, Herts? Reply with quote

Dear Olympic owners,

I'd like to join your number and therefore became a member of the club last year. I intend purchasing an Olympic very soon but I've never even seen one. I live in France but will be in the UK before the end of this month. I'd like to see and sit in an Olympic before buying a car for restoration. Ideally, a friendly Olympic owner located near to Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire would let me look over and sit in his car and if he'd take me for a short ride in his car, that would be an added bonus.

Any volunteers?

Best regards,
Duncan Mulvein
John Plant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duncan

You are welcome to come and have a look at my Ph1 but I am three hours from Sawbridgeworth and not one. I am also going into hospital on Wednesday for a heel operation and would not be able to drive the car. I might be moving around by the end of the month if you would like to see it

Kind Regards

John Plant
Duncan Mulvein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear John,

Thank you for your kind offer. Unfortunately, you're a bit too far away. I hope that the operation on your heel goes well. It seems that you've got the timing right; you'll be able to attend the various shows with your Olympic. I expect a lot of people will be waiting to admire it following the Practical Classics article.

Dear Olympic owners,

A joke for you: A man falls off a cliff. Fortunately, he manages to grasp a shrub on his way to certain death. He's left hanging in mid air, unable to climb up. Recovering from the shock, he shouts up "Is anybody there?" A strange voice calls back "This is God. Have faith, let go". After a pause, the man shouts up "Is there anybody else there?".

Is there anybody else there?

Best regards,
Duncan
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Olympic Reply with quote

We are not realy close to Sawbridgeworth, however we do have 7 Olympics in the workshop in various stages of restoration, and 2 cars on the road, a phase 1 and a phase 2. We can talk you through the problems of restoring these cars if it helps.
Duncan Mulvein

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, my apologies for this late reply. I have a good excuse: I was in the UK buying a Rochdale.

James, thank you for your kind offer. I do enjoy sideways motoring but your scheme isn't quite what I have in mind. I live in Challes les Eaux, far away from Alexandre Contat, who I've spoken to. He kindly provided me with some accurate measurements of his Phase 2, thus ensuring that I purchased a large enough trailer.

Keith, thank you for your kind offer. I may well take you up on it on a future trip to the UK. I came across your company web site early on in my research.

Unfortunately, I returned to France before the AGM so I was unable to attend.

I purchased the ex Paul Narramore Phase 2 from Nigel Hector. I'm sorry, I didn't take any photos to post. It was all a bit of a rush. The Olympic only just fitted inside the trailer and a problem with the rear door flying open meant that we safety wired it shut. I had no inclination to disturb our handiwork to take photos. I'm probably going to move to another part of France so I left my car in the UK.

I'm pleased to have joined your number. I'll send details of my car to the registrar, who doubtless has a lot more information about it. That reminds me, I must pay my membership subscription; I don't want to give Les any unnecessary work.
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Olympic Reply with quote

Is that the second Olympic to go abroad in the same number of months ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: