FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lightweight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Lightweight Reply with quote

Seeing the latest 'goings on' with our beloved Rochdale's, GT racing at Goodwood and racing Olympic, makes me want to get stuck into the stalled restoration of my ex John Anstice brown lightweight Olympic phase 1, unfortunately pressure of customer work is still making this difficult to say the least.

Good news though, we are taking the recreation of Dave Rees's Mk2 Rochdale to the Manchester classic show this weekend. This is definately a 'work in progress' but is interesting in its own right. The body is the original one off the Rees, which campained extensively in the '50's and '60's in the hands of Dave, the rest of the car is a recreation based on a long wheelbase box saloon chassis, we are cheeting a bit for the show as I have lent Mike the engine from my successful (Mk2 inspired) 750 trophy car, which incorporates my own designed and manufactured 8 spark cylinder head, this should be a bit of a talking point.

We are also in the final stages of fitting a new front subframe in Ray's phase 2, as well as pushing to finish Gary's phase 1 restoration and a 1958 Climax engined Lotus seven, all this and substantialy on my own brings me back to the near impossible restoration of my lightweight, so frustrating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: