FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info needed on Olymic Phase 1 682 NDV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy McKnight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Info needed on Olymic Phase 1 682 NDV Reply with quote

Hello all from a new club member. I have just purchased 682 NDV a Ford powered 1963 Olympic. Been stood dismantled for about 20 years and many parts are lost but it is restorable.
I need help on the following. Are the speedo and the combined petrol and temp gauge from a Riley 1.5 and the Revcounter a Smiths electric unit?
Any idea what the heater unit was from, I have in with the parts an inline blower that seems to be connected to a flexi air hose.
From what car did the sun Visors come from ?
Wiper motor and wheelboxes missing , what are they from and what angle drive needed on wiper motor and where does wiper motor go?
There seem to be a lot of large holes been cut out on top of the transmission tunnel going up under the dash, has somebody been at it with a jigsaw?
Can any body send me some photos of what the under bonnet area and particularly the interior and dash look like, there are so many holes just trying to find out what should be there and whats not. Would be handy for switch positions etc.
So if any kind people are out there with a phase 1, could you please send me some photos it will enable me to start glassing up all the holes and find out whats missing.

Email is carmadroy@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Roy
John Plant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy

Firstley welcome to the Rochdale Car club, I am spares officer for the club and will try and help you out if you need any spares that are missing.

I will send you an email wtih pictures in the next couple of days.
One of the problems with Rochdales or any kit car, is the person who builds a particular car has different ideas to another person.

I will sort some photos out I have just or nearly just finished building my phase 1, although it has a Wolseley engine in it so the under bonnet layout will be slightly different.

regards

John
Roy McKnight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

Thanks for the reply and look forward to any photos you can send me.
Anybody else got any Phase 1 dash and underbonnet photos?

Thanks Roy
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Olympic dash Reply with quote

I have been restoring Olympics for almost 40 years now and have a fairly large data base of pictures, e/mail me an address and I will send you a disc of the dash pictures we have worked on.

As John says many of the cars have been modified over the years so originality can be a bit of a problem.

We currently have 6 Olympics in the workshop in various stages of restoration, I will take some photos of those too so that you can see the differences.

Keith@scholar-racing96.com
www.scholar-racing96.com
Roy McKnight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith email sent . Roy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: