FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alloy front hubs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scholar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Alloy front hubs Reply with quote

I have commissioned some front hubs for our Scholar 983's in anodised billet alloy. These use the bearings from a Triumph, my own disc bell which fits the original Triumph disc mount, and a 4" PCD.

It occurs to me that it may be possible to use it for a phase 2, since it is basically a copy of the phase 2 front hub including its adapter. This will allow the owner to have an original car using all original parts (Thiumph bearings, discs, etc. but have the advantage of lighter weight. Do you think there could be an interest in the club for such an item? It would in fact be possible for me to have some Riley front hubs made up to take original bearings but allow the use of a brake disc, it is simply a matter of fitting a suitable calliper and bracket to the original upright to complete a disc brake conversion for a phase 1.

I haven't worked out costing yet but I think both types of front hub can be produced for very reasonable cost. I would be willing to have these items made up and supplied as a kit if required. Anyone interested contact me on keith@scholar-racing96.com or alternatively visit me at Capesthorne later in the year.

Keith...
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly interested in a disc brake conversion for my Phase I, and a lighter hub would be welcome. Please keep me (us) informed, Keith! I'll mention your post at the up-and-coming committee meeting at the Bristol Car show this Saturday (will you be there?).

--
AubreyR
Dave-M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Alloy Front Hubs Reply with quote

Kieth, How are you, Long time no speak.
Can the PCD. be changed from Ford to Triumph?
Regards
Dave-M
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Alloy front hubs Reply with quote

The main expence for these hubs is in the initial drawings and set-up, since this has been done the PCD for the wheel studs can be set at any figure, therefor we can do Triumph, Ford, or Riley without much of a problem.

I am currently using Triumph hubs with a 4" PCD, but all I need to know is what PCD is required.

I estimate the cost should be in the region of £55 each, if I can get a larger order together I may be able to bring this down a little.

The Riley (ph 1) hub is being drawn up, I guess it will come out at about the same price but will require a calliper mounting bracket in the kit too, this will push it up to about £65. Once again I can discount for quantity. My intention is to base the hub around Marina, or possibly Triumph discs.

Unfortunately due to pressure of work I won't be doing many shows, but I will try to get some samples down to the AGM. for people to look at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: