FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rebuiding 886 WTF phase1 Olympic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Heppell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: rebuiding 886 WTF phase1 Olympic Reply with quote

Hello not sure if you are interested but I am in the process of restoring my phase 1 Olympic the car is known to the club in fact many years ago Derek Bentley owned the car as far as I can tell has not been on the road for over 30 years. The car has a tuned MGA 1622cc engine mated to a Riley 1.5 gearbox with MGA ratio’s, the body is now almost ready to paint the body proved to be a very time consuming project have not counted my hours but as I am retired work most days on the car the time on the body, Doors. & Arches alone must be in the region of 300 hours. First no window frames so have made the Morris Minor Stainless frames fit this is done have fitted MGB GT boot handles and locks for the door handles. The car has been fitted with a Vauxhall VX 490 rear Axle this axle has a L.S.D. as this was a little wider meant having to make flared rear arches first attempt having finished did not like have cut them all out and started again. Having done the back decided the front needed just a small flair will be using 15” wheels with 185x55 tyres. Have also cut out the built in fuel tanks and fitted again a MGB tank fits very well (Thanks Keith) as for the final colour was going to be Blue but having sprayed the colour on a test piece have changed my mind the other option is a off white keep you posted on this
Bob Heppell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: 886 WTF Rebuild Reply with quote

Have done more work on 886 WTF Phase 1 have now painted the car in white, also refitted the doors, and had wheel spacers made as rear axle had different PCD to front, Have new set of wheels and tyres, cannot believe how many hours have gone in car to get to this stage. Have also purchased a set of Mazda MX5 seats. am trying to do all the work myself but came unstuck trying to glue in a headlining,(pardon the pun) so need to purchase a head lining anyone have or know where I can buy one, if not even a old one I can loan and can copy, Will also be needing a set of badges will be on the road in 2012
Paul Boorne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob, hope to follow your thread as I've just joined after aquiring a phase 1 in similar condition so good to see your progress and how you overcome problems. Good luck Very Happy
TonyS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More photos of Bobs Phase 1 886 WTF

2011 Dec by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2011 Dec (2) by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2011 Dec (3) by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2011 Dec (4) by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2011 Dec (5) by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2011 Dec (6) by DUFFY8, on Flickr

2011 Dec (Cool by DUFFY8, on Flickr

Regards Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: