FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ros King

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: GT Reply with quote

I have a poorly GT basically the shell with knackered Pop wheels the engine /gearbox basically a basket case. I can use a BMC engine ( which I have FOC) mechanics which would put it the same as my Olympic and save on spares etc/ Would it fit ? Otherwise is it revert to the Ford Sidevalve engine that was fitted originally that I do not understand. As it is basically a blank canvas what would anyone advise before I make a major mistake and my sons laughjavascript:emoticon('Question')
John Plant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: GT Reply with quote

Ros

I don't know whether anyone can advise you, is it not down to you how you feel, to modify or to keep it original.

This is my view and experiance with my Ph1 and GT, when you look around there are so many Olympics and GT's out there that have been modified. If one gets hold of two original cars as I have, in my eyes there is no alternative but to put them back to their oringinal spec or as near as you can get it. They have to be getting rarer by the day, I must admit that both cars are a very good base to start from though.

Probably will not help but just my thoughts and the best of luck with it, perhaps someone who has modified theirs will put their view in.

If you are looking for spares there is a message in the guestbook from someone who has a lot of good GT spares, I did have a word with him and they seem to be very good spares.

Best of luck

John
Paul Spiller

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross
we have a GT wich has been in our family for over 50 years when dad started to restore the car in the nineties he wanted to update with new engine gearbox etc but i persuaded him to keep it original now when people see the GT they thing it great to see an original 50's car with a side valve engine and three speed gearbox with rod brakes

Paul
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Reply with quote

I totally agree . More and more Rochdale are getting up grades and its going to to harder to find an origanal unmodified car . I have a Rochdale Olympic but i am going to keep it origanal ?.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> GT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: