FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GT 193ABB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Plant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: GT 193ABB Reply with quote

There are a few photos on my progress with my GT, I have done the work on this car when I have not been able to work on my Ph1.
I have not progressed as far as I would have liked on both cars, I had a knee op in April which was not successful and I am going in Hosipital in the morning for a knee replacement, so no more work for another six or so weeks.
The Gt came to bits quite easily not having done one before, the chassis is in exceellant condition and will not take alot of work. the engine when I first saw it I thought was brilliant, but on closer inspection the pistons were all assembled the wrong way round. Number one piston has no 4 con rod with no 1 cap, and also there are big gouges in the white metal bearings, so I have bought new con rods and crankshaft.
The body is stripped down to the gel coat and is ready to go for painting, I would like to get the chassis,engine all done so that the body can go back on before painting. Now that I have the ph1 back I will concentrate on that first
Hope the following link works

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa15/jhpm3/Rochdale%20GT/

Excuse my son in the pictures but he reckons that this is his car and he is always trying to help although just three years old the other day.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> GT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: