FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mounting the front subframe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Michelmore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Mounting the front subframe Reply with quote

I am considering bolt on mountings for the front sub frame on my phase 2. Has anyone tired this and to what level of success?
Many thanks
Paul
keith hamer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Phase two subframe mounting Reply with quote

Having worked on about 40 Olympics, many of which were total rebuilds including sub frame fitting my advice would be to bond it in as they were fitted originaly. The thought process behind this advice revolves around the area of the bonding over the point loading of bolt plates, by bonding the frame in place the loads are spread into the shell more evenly than if bolts were used which would feed the loads into the shell at the fastening points.

Kind regards
Keith...
www.scholar-racing96.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: