FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GT body removal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Plant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: GT body removal Reply with quote

Whilst waiting for my olympic shell to come back I thought that I would get my GT in (193ABB) to get it stripped out to get the body off ready to send the chassis away to get it sand blasted.
Is there an easy way to remove the body , it is on a Ford Pop chassis, or are all body shells fitted different depending on the builder.
It does have four pieces of tubing bonded in each corner which I presume one can put on legs and drop the engine and chassis down.
I will get some photos done and get them posted but all the metal work looks in very goood condition, just general rust nothing looks like that it needs welding or replacing, but it might look different with the body off. I am hoping to rebuild it, as it was to keep it original.
If there are any short cuts or tips to getting the body off I would be gratefull for any info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> GT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: