FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Plant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hi to you all

Just like to introduce myself. My name is John Plant I live I Herefordshire, Ross on Wye. I have just purchsed 81 XPH from France it was sold on Ebay in 2009.
I owned a phase 1 in the 60's UCT 74 It was sold to me as a lightweight Olympic.
I did noy realise that there were many Rochdales still around until I saw the advert and the club website, so that put me on the trail to own one again.

I brought the car back from France three weekends ago, at the moment it is all stripped out to the bare shell except the mounting frame in the front. This is my project for next weekend.

I am also a BMW man I have two 1990 E30 M3's and a 1972 2002 salon which I have just finished rebuilding.

I look forward to meeting members as and when.

John
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum John - we are a small, but friendly bunch on here! I have a phase 2 Olympic, sadly off the road at the moment.

Rod
Howard Evans

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John,

Same status as Rod I'm afraid, but the end is in sight !

Howard Evans
John Plant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Now I have started mine I hope to carry straight on subject to finding all the parts I need. I will post some pictures in the Olympic section later, if I can get my head around posted them etc.

John
TonyS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I travelled down to Ross-on Wye a couple of weeks ago to meet John (a very nice man) and his Olympic Phase 1 81 XPH

Please give John any help if he asks for advice for his rebuild on this site as I think he will have this Olympic back on the road in a short amount of time and to a high standard.

John, if you wish to put photos of you car and work in progress on the site, Start a new thread in the Olympic section and use this link for hints on putting photos on.
http://www.rochdale-owners-club.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=204

Regards
Tony
Jason Hoffman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Hello John Reply with quote

Hello John welcome to the world of rochdale's,again. It's good to here you hav'nt lost any of your skills if your latest rochdale is only a weekend project.
In a previous life I was also a fan of BMW's. I had an E12M535I and before that a couple of E28's.They were good cars but I have now have only got eye's for my rochdale olympic phase 2,which is a great little car.
Over christmas myself and my trusty sewing machine will endever to finish triming my rochdale. How much fun can one man have in a freezing cold shed? Jason. Shocked
John Plant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Not quite a weekend project, I shall be sorting door hinges out in my cold shed, but please feel free to carry on sewing for another set for my car.
Happy Christmas

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: