FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WWG 51K

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: WWG 51K Reply with quote

NEW NEW'S
Hi everyone ,

Its been a long rocky road but with help from Derek Bentley and Nigel Harrison i have managed to get my car registered with a age related plate , dated 1972 (no road tax) Very Happy .The new registration is WWG 51K .
The cars MOT and just waiting for the summer .

Steve

WW
Rodsmith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Steve, perseverance paid off in the end !

How about some photos of the finished car on here ?

Rod
TonyS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I know how hard you have worked for this day, a lot of people would have given up, well done and to get a pre 1972 age related plate is a well earned Christmas bonus. We all look forward to seeing the Olympic been driven to events next year. (please bring it to the AGM). The Olympic is now in the Olympic database under its new registration number.

Regards
Tony
Steven Wood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: WWG 51K Reply with quote

Rod ,

maybe i was a little over excited when i said i was just waiting for the summer before i hit the road ? . I have a few problems to sort out before i go for a run. The coolant system needs sorting , bought a second Olympic Radiator off eBay but it was a Rochdale Olympic phase 1 and it too big. The alternators knocking on the steering column when the car starts so that will need some adjustment and i still have not sorted the door tops out . The interior needs finishing and whats been done needs upgrading . The car is MOT but only the essentials were done to get it through the test .Nothing really exciting to photograph that's new but i will take some photos and post them.

Thanks Rod

Tony

Thanks for the positive comments and if i can get the above sorted i will come down to the meet .

I have just one bit of research i need to finish?. The wolseley register looked at photgraphs of the car and said that it look like the parts used are off the same car? or same period. I am hoping that the are off the same car because i have requested the history off the car using the engine/heritage certificate and eventually locating the origanal registration number which will hopefully lead me to the owner prior/present ,when the car was broken and used for the Rochdale Olympic ?.

Thanks

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: