FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre 1966 sales brochures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Michelmore

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Pre 1966 sales brochures Reply with quote

Hello all,

I recently became the latest owner of the box of bits that make up FRU12D. Many thanks to all the previous owners for keeping the parts together and away from the scrappers for the past 40 years.

My hope is to restore the car as a racer but of course since the Olympic was never homologated I am having to negotiate the build spec with the racing series technical adviser.

To help with this I am looking for proof of the additional sporting upgrades offered by the factory such as Weber twin 40s, sports manifold etc. I believe the Olympic was built with racing in mind so theoretically they would have offered all sorts of goodies (perhaps even a Lotus twin cam engine!). Does anyone have a sales brochure or other evidence listing possible factory extras? Or perhaps a pamphlet from one of the racing car shows Rochdale exhibited at?

If nothing turns up from the archives its not the end of the world. There is still the argument that it can run at the Cortina 1500gt homologation spec, but I'd like to try this route second.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: