FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESU816

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: ESU816 Reply with quote

Hi All
Had a visit from a fellow car club member here in Sydney to look at my Phase 2r with a view to possibly buying it or a similar car to import from the UK. You could of knocked me over with a feather when my 18yo son said don't sell it dad,it is cooler than any MX-5. He has never before expressed any interest in old cars before or the Olympic in particular!
So does anyone know of an Olympic that is running and has an original type English engine in it for sale.
Will pass any enquiries on. It would be nice to see a 3rd Olympic down-under.
Regards Keith
calex_fr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautyfull plate :

from France
TonyS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

Hope you and family are well.

This Olympic was sold on e-bay in England for about £3000 in 2007, It was bought by a dealer in America, he sold it on e-bay for $8000 in March 2008 to a dealer in Tokyo in Japan. He sold it around March 2009 but would not tell me where and for what price. So what happened to it in the few months between then and Tau Corporation I do not know.
By the photos taken in America and those by Tan Corp it has done 9miles but the condition has deteriorated. The confusion over the engine is because it has an 1800cc MGB engine and overdrive gearbox. The American e-bay description is below.

1963 ROCHDALE OLYMPIC SERIES 1, VERY RARE AND UNUSUAL CAR HERE IN THE STATES, THIS PARTICULAR EXAMPLE OF A 1ST SERIES MODEL ALONG ITS LIFE HAS HAD A TRANSPLANT AND HAS BEEN UPGRADED MGB DRIVE TRAIN, WITH FRT DISC BRAKES, EXPANDED RADIATOR, OIL COOLER, CUSTOM DASH WITH EXTRA INSTRUMENTS AND AN UNUSUAL BUT CONVENIENT REAR HATCH , 13" MINILITE STYLE ALLOY WHEELS SITTING ON AVONS, NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM AND THE LIST GOES ON.....THIS LITTLE CAR, VERY NIMBLE AND LIGHT, RUNS AND DRIVES, NEEDS ONLY A NEW OWNER THAT CAN FINISH TO CARRYING ON MOSTLY THE FINAL DETAILS OF THIS TRANSFORMATION, AND BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY IT FOR MANY YEARS TO COME..... THIS IS AN EXCELLENT CAR TO COMPLETE FOR SOME VINTAGE EVENTS OR JUST AN ECCENTRIC RIDE TO GO GET COFFE AND THE NEWSPAPER ON SUNDAY MORNING RUNS, CERTAINLY YOUR NEIGHBORS WILL BE SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS.

On current prices I think £3500 to £4000 in the UK is about right.

Tau Corp have an Australian Office in Brisbane, +61-40-823-4997 Mr David White.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Tony.
KN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony
Have emailed to Geoff the details and contacts and he will decide. BTW is the Rochdale ID plate the same as the one the club sells?
Regards Keith.
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

Below is the Rochdale ID plate that the club sells.

The one in the photo off the Blue car I have not seen before?
It looks good maybe someone else can tell us more about it?

Regards
Tony
KN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony
Some one must have gone to some trouble if the non-club id plate was a one-off. Both look good though. Much better than the simple metal strip with some letters and numbers etched onto it and now impossible to read. Luckily the paperwork with the numbers still survive so out with the alpha-numeric punch set!
Geoff is still interested in an Olympic but not the one in Japan but mine. The price is tempting, I will give him an answer this coming week-end.
Regards Keith
KN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to keep my Olympic!! i am not upset that he did not elect to buy mine & he did not like the look of the one in Japan. I did send him details of Zafrellys one on Ebay but it is too much of a kit for him to be tempted.
Regards Keith Nicholson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> The Meeting Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: