FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fibreglassing books & supplies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> General Technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Fibreglassing books & supplies Reply with quote

Hi

I've found a shop in Germany that has reprints of the probably most informative book on grp car body repair (can't think of another, but it is still very useful!).

The book is Miles Wilkins' How to Restore Fibreglass Bodywork that was published in the UK by Osprey in the 1980s. The reprint also includes the companion book on paintwork.

They post to UK - see order form/e-mail on how to pay.
See: http://www.lotus-books.com/additions.html

For Scottish members, guess you've found Allscot fibreglass supplies - http://www.allscotltd.co.uk/ - very helpful and open late one evening a week.

I've no connections with either supplier

Best wishes
Mike Wood
Dave-M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Grp Reply with quote

Mike, totally agree, that book is the bible regarding GRP repairs. I bought one many years ago and it proved invaluable.
They are a bit expensive now but will be worth every penny to someone embarking on a Rochdale restoration.
Regards
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> General Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: