FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bromley Pageant 2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Narramore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Bromley Pageant 2009 Reply with quote

I went up to the Bromley Pageant yesterday, the World's largest one-day classic car event, and met up with the one solitary Olympic Ph2 of Alan Farrer's. Derek Bentley was alongside in his attractive light blue Turner, and I chatted to Jim Conlin from Dymchurch whose Ph2 has been off the road since last October. Jim's recovering from a serious illness and needed to keep out of the scorching sun.

It's a shame there weren't more marque cars as I remember 6, 7, or 8 cars used to turn up, some (like mine) on a trailer. There were very few kitcars anyway yesterday although there were lots of ghastly custom cars whose deafening speakers pumped out ghastly 'music' to the amusement of the egits.

I spent ages looking for a 42mm open-ended spanner to remove my 2CV suspension units but the best I could do was a large Whitworth spanner for 50p which will need a little ginding to get it to fit the 42mm nuts.

Derek tells me that a writer has plans to start a book on the Rochdale story next year having just published a book on Tornados.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rochdale Owner's Club Forum Index -> Olympic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: